“Racism is a sin that constitutes a serious offense against God.” – Pope Saint John Paul II
The U.S. Bishops and Pope Francis have spoken forcefully against the sin of racism, emphasizing the need to respect the God-given human dignity of all people. Below, you will find some of the statements issued by the bishops, including Bishop Robert Deeley, as well as a statment issued by the Holy Father.
- Open Wide our Hearts: The Enduring Call to Love - U.S. Bishops' Letter on Racism
- Opening our hearts to heal the racial divide - Bishop Robert Deeley, JCD, Harvest, July 2020
- Everyone Belongs - Book for Children
- Pope Francis' Statement on Racism - June 3, 2020
- U.S Bishops' Letter to the U.S. Senate advocating better formation for police - June 24, 2020
- Steps you can take to help eradicate racism