FORT KENT---St. John Vianney Parish in Fort Kent is offering the opportunity for those with deceased loved ones in 10 parish cemeteries to purchase a solar lit “wreath of remembrance” in advance of All Souls’ Day (November 2), Advent, and Christmas.
“The lighted wreaths will be blessed and displayed from November through the winter,” said Gale Rioux, office manager for St. John Vianney Parish.
The program is being offered at the following locations:
- St. Louis Cemetery, Fort Kent
- St. Mary Cemetery, Eagle Lake
- St. Joseph Old and New Cemetery, Wallagrass
- Holy Family Cemetery, Daigle
- St. Charles Old and New Cemetery, St. Francis
- St. John the Evangelist Cemetery, St. John Plantation
- Sacred Heart Cemetery, Soldier Pond,
- St. Paul Cemetery, Allagash
The cost of each wreath is $35, with a limit of one wreath per monument.
“The project will last until all 400 wreaths are sold,” said Rioux.
To purchase a “wreath of remembrance,” fill out this form (www.portlanddiocese.org/sites/default/files/files/RemembranceWreath.pdf) and submit it, along with a payment of $35, to: St. John Vianney Parish, 26 East Main Street, Fort Kent, ME 04743. For more information, contact the parish at (207) 834-5656.